Dog bites can be very dangerous and even deadly. The dog bite lawyers at the Law Offices of Michael A. DeMayo, L.L.P. ® have provided a list of safety tips that may help you avoid potential dog bites and their devastating consequences:
- Male dogs are more prone to dog bites than female dogs.
- Female dogs in heat are more prone to dog bites than dogs that aren’t in heat.
- Dogs that are chained up or mistreated are also prone to dog bites.
- All dogs can bite, but certain breeds like pit bulls and rottweilers are more prone to bite than others.
- Do not approach unfamiliar dogs.
- Do not startle a sleeping dog.
- Do not bother dogs who are eating.
- Do not bother dogs that are playing with toys.
- Children are most likely to suffer a dog bite.
- Dog owners should spay or neuter their dogs.
- Dog owners should properly train their dogs.
- Dogs in new situations or environments are more prone to bite.
If you or a loved one suffers a dog bite, got medical attention immediately. A dog bite can become infected and, if that occurs, the chances of the dog bite turning lethal grow substantially.
A dog bite is a serious event, if you or a loved one has suffered a dog bit, and you would like to file a dog bite claim, contact the Law Offices of Michael A. DeMayo, L.L.P. ® today to schedule you free initial dog bite consultation. Our experienced dog bite lawyers will help you recover compensation for the losses you have endured as a result of the dog bite.