If you or a loved one suffered a cardiac event while being treated with Fresenius’ GranuFlo or NaturaLyte kidney dialysis products, you are probably angry, sad, scared, and bewildered.
You’ve read allegations that Fresenius possibly withheld critical safety information from both the FDA and the public, and you find that possibility outrageous. You may even have read about the FDA’s Class I recall of these products. You may be considering filing legal action to hold this big medical company accountable for what you and your family have been through.
There’s just one problem: You’re overloaded and overwhelmed by your options.
Finding objective information about the GranuFlo and NaturaLyte “legal drama” is no simple task. Dozens, if not hundreds, of attorney advocacy websites compete for your attention and potential business. The Law Offices of Michael A. DeMayo also handles GranuFlo and NaturaLyte cases, so we can’t (and don’t want to be) be an objective analyst.
However, this post can still give you objectively useful tools to deal with your research better.
Here are some ideas:
• Put a time limit on your research, so you don’t get overloaded. Research suggests that when we limit the time we take to make decisions, we make decisions that are just as good, if not better, than when we give ourselves unlimited amounts of time;
• Narrow your choices down to a handful of firms (1 to 4);
• Prepare a list of questions before you get on the phone with prospective law firms. Write down all answers that you get from these firms;
• Ask for proof of past successes in similar GranuFlo and NaturaLyte cases. The law firm should really understand how to work and win these highly specific types of cases;
• Pay attention to your gut instincts. Your subconscious intuition can be a surprisingly effective filter. The advice to “go with your gut” is, ultimately, pretty savvy. Our guts can process information differently, and often more accurately, than do our rational minds.
Please consider adding DeMayo Law to your short list of firms to contact regarding your GranuFlo and NaturaLyte case.