Property Damage

Being involved in an auto accident can leave you physically harmed as a result of another person’s negligence, but your car may also be damaged. An auto accident claim involves two different parts: the personal injury claim and the property damage claim.

The personal injury claim seeks to compensate you for damages that occurred as a result of being physically injured during the auto accident. The property damage claim seeks to compensate you for the damage that occurred to your property, or car, from the auto accident.

The property damage claim following an auto accident often presents complex problems for the person who is filing the claim. Not only might you be dealing with injuries sustained from the auto accident, but your car may also be in non-drivable.

In order to compensate you for your property damages, you may file a claim against your insurance company or the other driver’s insurance company depending on which driver was liable for the auto accident and what type of insurance coverage you have.

After you have filed your auto accident property damage claim, the insurance company will have your car appraised to determine the pre-auto accident value, as well as the cost of repairs to your car. Often times, after a claim has been filed, the insurance company will only compensate you for the lowest repair estimate amount.

Filing a property damage claim with the insurance company can be difficult. Not only will it require visits from insurance adjusters, but, without the proper assistance from an experienced auto accident attorney, you may not receive the right amount of compensation. The experienced auto accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Michael A. DeMayo, L.L.P. ® include handling your difficult property damage claim at no additional charge when filing an auto accident claim.

Our auto accident lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you only pay for your lawyer’s services after they have settled with the insurance company. Contact our firm today for a free initial consultation.