Injuries occur at work all the time. Although an employer must make an attempt to prevent workplace injuries, they still occur. They can result in serious medical problems and may necessitate the involvement of workers’ compensation.
The most common form of workplace injury is a slip and fall. When people are at work, the environment can be fast-paced, causing people to rush and making workplace injuries more of a risk. Some of the most common workplace injuries that require workers’ compensation are:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Chemical Burns
Workplace injuries can occur anywhere, from slipping and falling, to being injured from faulty machinery or equipment. Workplace injuries can also be very serious and have a huge impact on people’s lives.
In order to prevent workplace injuries, employers should encourage:
- Proper lifting techniques
- Safety awareness
- Attendance at safety training
- Input from employees regarding safety concerns
- Building barriers, shields, guards, etc. that protect employees from possible hazards
- Installing non-slip flooring
- Following safety protocol
If you, or a loved one has suffered a workplace injury, contact the Law Offices of Michael A. DeMayo, L.L.P. ® for a free initial consultation.