NASCAR Comes to Town – Staying Safe on Busy Roads
In just a few days, NASCAR will “chase” its’ way into the streets, hotels, and restaurants of the Charlotte metropolitan area, as NASCAR continues their CHASE FOR THE NASCAR SPRINT CUP. While these times are fun and exciting, there will be a lot of cars on the road for the big race weekend. Safe driving is focused driving and with large events like this weekend’s Bank of America 500, all drivers need to be mindful that the roads will be extra busy this weekend.
Below you will find a few pointers you can keep in mind to help you, your family and your loved ones stay safe on our busy roads whether you are headed to the race or just enjoying some time on the road.
1. Your car has safety features for a reason, use them!
- Utilize your blinkers and mirrors when changing lanes.
- Monitor and be conscious of when and how you use your bright lights.
2. Keep your eyes on the road and don’t take your hands away from the wheel.
- No texting and driving – it’s illegal.
- Eating in the car can be dangerous (and messy), don’t do it!
- Wait to change your music when you are stopped.
- Get a hands free device for your phone if you are going to make calls.
3. Practice Safe Driving
- Speeding is illegal – monitor your speed.
- A drowsy driver is dangerous; get some rest and pull over if you need to.
- Keep a safe distance between your car and the car in front of you.
4. Make sure your automobile is safe to drive in all weather.
- Drivers should always know the condition of their wipers and tires.
5. Be mindful of other drivers.
- Call 911 and report any reckless or drunk drivers.
6. Don’t drink and drive!
- If you are going to drink, get a designated driver, take a cab or use a ride sharing service like Uber or Lyft.
7. Don’t let anyone else drink and drive.
- They will thank you later!
This is by no means a conclusive list of safe driving tips. All drivers should always follow all of the rules of the road! We know a lot of people are looking forward to this weekend’s race and we wish everyone on the roads a safe and fun time. Ladies and Gentleman, start your engines!
The Law Offices of Michael A. DeMayo, L.L.P. has represented more than 48,000 individual clients with a number of large settlements and verdicts on personal injury and wrongful death cases. Our firm represents injured and killed individuals in a variety of cases including: automobile accidents, wrongful death, workers’ compensation, nursing home negligence, personal injury, mass torts and social security disability. For a free case evaluation, call toll free (877) 333-1000 or email info@DeMayoLaw.com