Automobile accidents, workplace injuries, slip and fall injuries, and other types of negligence are all parts of modern life today. Having the right attorney at your side if you need to make an insurance claim or file a lawsuit can be the difference between having your claim settled promptly and a painful slog through the courts.
At DeMayo Law Offices, we represent the people of Huntersville, North Carolina, and surrounding areas with compassion and dedication. If you have been involved in a serious accident that wasn’t your fault and need legal representation, contact our offices today at (877) 333-1000 for a confidential consultation about your case.
The attorneys of DeMayo Law Offices have a combined 150 years of experience in our chosen fields. We provide zealous representation in the personal injury field for people who’ve been injured in these and other ways:
- Car accidents. When you’re injured due to the carelessness of another driver, you’ll want to hold them accountable for your injuries.
- Truck accidents. When you’re injured in a crash with a commercial truck, there are more potentially liable parties than there are in a regular car crash. You’ll need the aid of an attorney to figure out which party was actually at fault for the accident.
- Motorcycle accidents. Motorcyclists are particularly at risk in a collision with another vehicle because of the lack of protection for the rider. The resulting injuries can be severe, and a skillful attorney can fight against any existing stereotypes to get you the compensation you deserve.
- Pedestrian accidents. If you were a pedestrian struck by a car or truck, we are still on your side. No matter what type of accident you were involved in, our attorneys can help you with your recovery.
- Workplace injuries. Worker’s compensation can be a straightforward matter of filing a few forms, or it can be a complicated matter requiring you to bring a suit against your employer. Third-party suits to recover compensation may be necessary in certain cases. Denial of claims can be due to a number of factors. In any of these situations, you may need the help of a skilled attorney.
- Back injuries. Although employers and insurers are slowly realizing that these are genuine injuries and not imaginary, they can still be difficult to prove on an insurance claim. Chronic back injuries can become disabling and require continual care. If you need that care, you may need an attorney to help you obtain it.
- Spinal cord injuries. If you sustained a spinal cord injury in an accident that wasn’t your fault, your life may be forever changed. In a situation like that, you need a skilled attorney to fight for your right to obtain compensation for all your present and future medical expenses and other losses.
- Nursing home negligence. No one wants to think their loved ones have been mistreated in a care facility, but it sometimes happens. If you think your relative has been the victim of negligence, we can assist you in proving the facts and receiving compensation for the harm.
- Traumatic brain injury. Even when you don’t think your injuries are significant, if you’ve sustained a bump on the head in an accident that wasn’t your fault, you should be checked out. Some traumatic brain injuries do not appear immediately.
- Product liability. When you purchase a product, you expect that it will be safe to use. If there was a flaw in the design, manufacture, or marketing of the product and you suffered injuries as a result, you may be owed compensation.
- Dog bite injuries. No one wants to take a friend to court because they suffered a dog bite from their friend’s pet. Your lawyer can help you file a homeowner’s insurance claim to help cover the expenses for your injuries.
All forms of catastrophic injury can entail fights with insurers or at-fault parties. Allegations of negligence or lack of due diligence may require a jury to determine fault. In those cases, you should always have someone by your side who understands the legal implications of the laws and regulations.
About Our Firm
Founding attorney Michael A. DeMayo began his practice 25 years ago in Charlotte, North Carolina. He founded his firm on the credo of putting the client’s interests first and letting everything else follow from that. Mr. DeMayo is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, an honor given to attorneys who have won their clients million-dollar settlements.
Thanks to this outstanding background and reputation, Mr. DeMayo has been able to recruit and retain attorneys of equal standing in the personal injury field. We now have over 120 attorneys and other legal professionals in our offices across the state, ready and able to provide our clients with top-tier advocacy in all their legal needs.
How We Can Help You
It is wise to have your interests protected by someone who knows how to talk to insurers in their own language. Insurance companies are concerned about their bottom line. Even when they are dealing with you fairly, they are mainly interested in paying out the lowest amount of money for the damages you received. An attorney can help negotiate with the insurer and make sure that you are receiving all the compensation you are entitled to.
Other reasons you may need an attorney:
- Police reports, photos, and videos. Police reports should be available within a certain amount of time after an accident. They can be difficult to interpret, and may not be as complete as you would like. Photos of the scene and police videos can be requested by your attorney.
- Witness statements and contact information. Witnesses to accidents are often reluctant to speak to accident victims but may be more forthcoming to their attorneys. In cases where depositions become necessary, you should have an attorney make the actual request.
- Regulatory requirements. North Carolina follows a strict contributory negligence law. That means if you are determined to be even one percent liable for the accident, you cannot recover any damages. These legal fine points will require an attorney to explain.
Whenever you have been in an accident or have a need to deal with an insurance company, you should consider having an attorney review the documentation. Before you sign any settlement agreement, you have a right to have an attorney review it to ensure your rights are protected. Never sign anything or agree to any settlement offer until you have had some legal consultation.
At DeMayo Law Offices, we know that accidents of any kind are traumatic, and a serious injury can leave you confused and wondering how to proceed. Our attorneys are ready to help you with your legal and insurance matters and get your case resolved as quickly as possible.
Huntersville, N.C. residents can contact DeMayo Law Offices at (877) 333-1000 for a confidential consultation on their personal injury case today. Our attorneys are ready to answer all your questions about your case. Don’t wait. Contact us for a free consultation right away.