Have you sustained a serious injury at the fault of another individual? Did you lose a loved one because of someone else’s thoughtless mistake? Could the accident have been prevented, saving you from incredible physical, emotional, and financial burdens? If any of these circumstances apply to you, you may be entitled to compensation under North Carolina law. The Monroe personal injury attorneys at DeMayo Law Offices, L.L.P. are here to represent your best interests and make sure you get the compensation you deserve following a tragic accident.
Sustaining a severe injury, while not uncommon, is life-changing. Thousands of people in North Carolina fall victim to the negligence and carelessness of another individual causing an injury that could place a significant financial burden on the victim and their family for years to come.
We at DeMayo Law Offices, L.L.P. understand that your mind is going in many different directions after an injury. You may be thinking, how will I provide for my family? How can I afford the medical bills that are constantly rolling in? Will I ever be able to work again? DeMayo Law Offices, L.L.P. experienced personal injury attorneys want to help to ease those concerns so you can focus solely on your recovery. Because, after all, that is what is most important.
The process of recovering from a severe injury can be long and drawn out, in regards to both your physical and mental health and that of your loved ones. While we are unable to speed up your recovery, we will work hard to ensure you are represented in the best possible manner. When you call DeMayo Law Offices, L.L.P. at (704) 291-9200, you can schedule a free consultation with an attorney who will be ready to discuss your options and get to work putting together a strong case on your or your loved one’s behalf.
Do I Need a Personal Injury Lawyer in North Carolina?
If you are the victim of a tragic accident that caused severe injuries and resulted in a heavy financial burden, it is vital to contact a personal injury attorney as soon as you possibly can. Time is of the essence following an accident. Medical bills will begin to pile up immediately, other parties will lawyer up, and the insurance company will try to save themselves as much money as possible.
The last thing you should be doing is facing these daunting obstacles alone. Finding aggressive representation who will fight for you to quickly receive proper compensation can save you from experiencing incredible financial difficulties. Our attorneys at DeMayo Law Offices, L.L.P. have the passion, skills, and experience needed to make you whole again, should the unthinkable occur.
Many deciding factors come into play when you are deciding whether or not to seek representation for your personal injury claim. Following are some of the benefits a skilled attorney provides:
- Experience – Our skilled personal injury attorneys at DeMayo Law Offices, L.L.P. will dedicate their time and resources to your case. We will obtain crucial evidence, such as medical, police records, eyewitness testimonies, as well as testimonies from expert witnesses. We will properly file your claim with the insurance companies, making sure all deadlines are met. And we will communicate with the insurance companies and negotiate assertively and skillfully on your behalf.
- Objectivity – Following a serious accident, you will likely be distraught, angry, hurt, or tired. Our experienced attorneys will remain calm and collected throughout the entire process so you can be sure your case is handled competently and thoughtfully.
- Knowledge – With over 150 years of combined experience, DeMayo Law Offices, L.L.P. has the skills and expertise to get you the maximum amount of compensation following an injury.
- Settlements – Our ability to negotiate a settlement out of court will often result in you receiving more money than originally expected.
- Proficiency in a trial – There is always a chance your case could go before a jury. Having an experienced personal injury attorney at your side who knows the laws in North Carolina and will fight for your rights every step of the way will give you a much better chance of success.
Why Choose DeMayo Law Offices, L.L.P. to Represent You?
DeMayo Law Offices, L.L.P. has been working diligently for individuals who have sustained critical, life-altering injuries in North Carolina since 1992. Our experience, knowledge, and skills are unmatched when it comes to representing you professionally and effectively. The last thing you or your loved one should be concerned with after sustaining a serious injury should be your finances. This is why we will work diligently to ensure you are properly compensated under the law.
Our staff is made up of more than 100 vastly experienced legal professionals who occupy three offices across the state of North Carolina. We will make ourselves available to answer your questions any time day or night so you can rest easy knowing your cause is being handled by the best in the business.
Our firm is an accredited member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum as well as the National Trial Lawyers Organization. Being a part of both of these entities further proves that DeMayo Law Offices, L.L.P. has the expertise that is incomparable when it comes to representing our clients in the most effective way possible.
We will never charge a fee until we win your case. If the unthinkable does happen and your case is not won, you will never receive a bill for our legal services.
What Constitutes a Personal Injury Claim?
The North Carolina personal injury lawyers of DeMayo Law Offices, L.L.P. have seen nearly every kind of claim throughout our 25+ years of experience in the field. While we have handled more than 90,000 different cases, and we are aware that no two are exactly alike. Personal injury claims are unique and cover a broad spectrum of possibilities. This is why we are prepared for any type of case that may come our way, no matter how obscure or complicated it may be.
While DeMayo Law Offices, L.L.P. is prepared to handle all types of personal injury cases, a few cases we have successfully litigated recent years include:
- $6,439,500.00 – Wrongful death settlement after the unfortunate death of two clients at the hands of a drunk driver in 2009.
- $6,000,000.00 – Negligent supervision settlement for a client who was tragically paralyzed from the waist down following an unsupervised exercise at a recreation center in 2016.
- $3,000,000.00 – Truck accident settlement awarded to a client who was hit by a truck while awaiting assistance for his disabled vehicle on the side of the road in 2013.
- $2,200,000.00 – Bus accident settlement as the result of a horrible bus accident that left a passenger with serious fractures to their leg, hip, and neck in 2010.
- 1,825,000.00 – Personal Injury settlement for a client that was seriously injured as the result of an unsecured object falling on them at a worksite in 2013.
- $1,000,000.00 – Product liability settlement awarded to two clients after a bridge collapsed beneath them in 2001.
In addition to these stand-out cases, we have dealt with a significant number of other personal injury claims such as:
- Car accidents
- Wrongful death
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Workers’ compensation
- Catastrophic injuries
- Nursing home negligence
- Social Security Disability
- Dog bites
- Premises liability
- Product liability
- Dangerous drugs
- Defective medical devices
If you are unsure if your case qualifies for compensation under the North Carolina personal injury laws, you can contact a Monroe personal injury attorney at DeMayo Law Offices, L.L.P. any time at and review your case during a free initial consultation.
North Carolina Personal Injury Statistics
According to the National Safety Council, the state of North Carolina saw 6,007 deaths in 2018 as a direct result of incidents that could be easily prevented. Nearly 1,500 of these are a result of motor vehicle accidents, while the rest is made up of incidents involving negligence in the workplace, slip and fall accidents, and poisoning.
If you or a loved one fell victim to these preventable accidents or any other type of personal injury accident or incident, the personal injury attorneys at DeMayo Law Offices, L.L.P. are here to help you receive the compensation you are owed under North Carolina law.
What Will I Be Compensated for After Sustaining an Injury?
There are several things you can expect to receive financial compensation for following a tragic personal injury. If you are injured and another party is at fault, you may be entitled to receive money to cover expenses and losses including, but not limited to:
- Emergency medical service costs
- Hospitalization bills
- Medication costs
- Rehabilitation costs
- Damage to property
- Pain and suffering, both physical and mental
- Lost wages due to time off work or loss of employment
If you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another individual, DeMayo Law Offices, L.L.P. will stand by your side to fight for your rights in a wrongful death case. We understand this is a difficult time. We will take immediate action to ensure your family receives appropriate financial compensation you are owed for things such as:
- End-of-life medical treatment expenses
- Loss of insurance
- Loss of regular income
- Emotional distress
Contact a Monroe Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you or a loved one was severely injured or killed as a result of someone else’s incompetence or carelessness, the Monroe personal injury attorney’s at DeMayo Law Offices, L.L.P. stand ready and willing to take action. We always put the clients’ health and financial well-being over anything else. That is why there is never a fee whatsoever until we get you the compensation you are entitled to under North Carolina law.
You can call DeMayo Law Offices, L.L.P. any time day or night at (704) 291-9200 or fill out the online contact form, and we will put you in touch with a skilled injury attorney that will immediately get to work on your case.
Provide your information below and we'll contact you.
Please do not include any confidential or sensitive information in this form. This form sends information by non-encrypted email which is not secure. Submitting this form does not create an attorney-client relationship.