DEMAYO LAW OFFICES AWARDS $42,500 IN SCHOLARSHIPS
CHARLOTTE, NC (May 9, 2014) – The Law Offices of Michael A. DeMayo, L.L.P. awarded $42,500 to 17 graduating high school seniors that showed dedication in academics, community service and excellence in teaching their peers about the dangers of underage drinking and driving. Over the past 12 years, the Law Offices of Michael A. DeMayo, L.L.P. has invested over $421,000.00 in educating high school students about the dangers of drinking and driving through the Arrive Alive and Michael A. DeMayo Scholarship programs.
To apply for the Michael A. DeMayo Scholarship Program, applicants were asked to create presentations on the dangers of underage drinking, in a variety of formats including essays, PowerPoint presentations, songs, videos and websites. Recipients were chosen by a committee that reviewed the applicant’s SAT scores, transcripts, letters of recommendation and their presentations.
The 2014 Michael A. DeMayo Scholarship recipients include:
- Shaily Aghera – Jack Britt High School Fayetteville, NC
- Caroline Bartlett – Richmond Senior High School Rockingham, NC
- Edward Bost III – Hickory Ridge High School Harrisburg, NC
- Rachel Carroll – Porter Ridge High School Indian Trail, NC
- Jennifer Craft – Hickory High School Hickory, NC
- Taylor Crowell – Butler High School Charlotte, NC
- Aaron Epps – Fairmont High School Fairmont, NC
- Danielle Hensley – Forest View High School Gastonia, NC
- Salem Hockett – Jay M. Robinson High School Concord, NC
- Shelby Ingram – West Charlotte Senior High School Charlotte, NC
- Avery Kester – Jack Britt High School Fayetteville, NC
- Kevin Lu – Providence Day School Charlotte, NC
- Jessica Lee – Ardrey Kell High School Charlotte, NC
- Conrad Mueller – Parkwood High School Monroe, NC
- Sara Rich – Mooresville High School Mooresville, NC
- Kyle Tatich – Butler High School Matthews, NC
- Parth Thakker – NC School of Math and Science / South Mecklenburg High School Charlotte, NC
““Since 2003, we have been able to positively impact the youth in our communities by awarding over $318,000 in college scholarships to over 130 deserving high school seniors in North and South Carolina while also educating them and their peers about the dangers of underage drinking and driving. This scholarship shows our commitment to the youth of our community and we are proud to do a small part of teaching as many young adults as possible about the dangers and consequences of underage drinking and driving,” said law firm Founder and President Michael A. DeMayo.
Please view the Michael A. DeMayo Scholarship winners from past years:
Contact the Law Offices of Michael A. DeMayo, L.L.P. ® today to receive more information about our scholarship program or to schedule your free initial consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers.